Commercial Proposal and Bids Manager
The energy transition is vital to our future and here at PSC, we are compelled to make a difference. We are specialist consultants to the energy industry, an independent firm with global operations. Our teams have been tackling the thorniest problems for some of the most prominent industry players for over 25 years. We provide critical project consulting support for large energy clients, renewable developers, sustainable energy initiatives, and everything in between. Our vision is to empower people to transform the energy industry so that, together we will power a more sustainable world. We do the right thing, we foster bright ideas, we invest in the future and we celebrate success.
We are people who:
- Thrive in a culture where people are our greatest asset and we truly celebrate and value the individual.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, love new ideas, and are always looking to improve.
- Understand that everyone has a personal life and provide a flexible work environment.
- Provide amazing growth and leadership opportunities in an autonomous role.
- Are a highly collaborative worldwide team of professionals defining the future of this industry.
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, and development.
We have a great culture and our employee engagement scores are a testament to our environment and the way that we treat people. We strive to hold each other to account in working towards our shared goals and the APAC and global mission of PSC.
As the Commercial Proposal and Bids Manager, you play a critical part in driving the acquisition of new business and exploring untapped opportunities, which are integral to the expansion and development of the North American region. Beyond that, you will aid the North American Team in the strategic planning, coordination, and management of business operations, aligning efforts with PSC's vision and defining long-term objectives. Notably, you will also be instrumental in driving the proposal process, adding a strategic layer to business development.
While reporting to the Managing Director of North America, your active collaboration with the Leadership Team, Key Account Managers, and other PSC Managers in North America ensures a cohesive approach, fostering collective success and growth in an evolving market.
We’d love to have this team member near one of our offices in either Raleigh, NC, Burnaby Canada, Westborough, MA, or Kirkland, WA but we’d be open to a remote option for the right candidate.
- Drive the acquisition of new business and explore untapped opportunities.
- Aid in strategic planning, coordination, and management of business operations
- Drive the proposal process and add a strategic layer to business development.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team, Key Account Managers, and other PSC Managers
- Oversee the bid/no-bid process and define effective proposal strategies.
- Foster collaboration with PSC's legal and finance teams.
- Guide account strategy and build trusting client relationships.
- 5 to 8+ years of experience in bids/proposals and commercial management
- Strong understanding of contractual terms, bids, proposals, RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Creative, innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Process-driven, with a focus on relationship-building and influencing
- Experience using CRM tools (ideally HubSpot)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field
- Legally authorized to work in the US or Canada.
- Ability to travel 20 to 25% of the time, occasionally working early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily required to sit or stand at a workstation while operating a computer, phone, and other office. equipment. The employee is required to communicate speak, write, type, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our amazing people. We are passionate about contributing to a meaningful mission and are proud of our people. If you’ve been searching for a human-centric culture, then perhaps you’ve finally found your match with PSC. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then we would love to tell you more.
PSC is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience within the job, the type of years and experience within the industry, education, training, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At PSC it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $108,307 to $162,461.
You may also be eligible to participate in our profit share program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and well-being benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, 10 scheduled paid holidays, and 10 days of sick leave. Additionally, regular full-time employees accrue up to 15 days of paid vacation. Benefits and perks listed on our careers page vary depending on the nature of employment with PSC and the country's work location. For more on North American benefits see US Benefits and Canada Benefits.
PSC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PSC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.