Manager, Power Systems Studies
The energy transition is vital to our future and here at PSC, we are compelled to make a difference. We are specialist consultants to the energy industry, an independent firm with global operations. Our teams have been tackling the thorniest problems for some of the most prominent industry players for over 25 years. We provide critical project consulting support for large energy clients, renewable developers, sustainable energy initiatives, and everything in between. Our vision is to empower people to transform the energy industry so that, together we will power a more sustainable world. We do the right thing, we foster bright ideas, we invest in the future and we celebrate success.
We are people who:
- Thrive in a culture where people are our greatest asset and we truly celebrate and value the individual.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, love new ideas and are always looking to improve.
- Understand that everyone has a personal life and provide a flexible work environment.
- Provide amazing growth and leadership opportunities in an autonomous role.
- Are a highly collaborative worldwide team of professionals defining the future of this industry.
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, and development.
As a Manager of Power Systems Studies at PSC, you inspire project excellence in not only the team you lead but also the work you deliver. As a resource virtuoso, you ensure projects are well-resourced and that timelines and deliverables are met. Through dynamic staff plans, you help your team develop personal and technical skills to help them be the very best in the industry!
You're also building a powerhouse, not just a team. You create new opportunities with proposals and cost estimates. You negotiate with finesse while building lasting relationships with our clients. PSC Group clients, consultants, and management look to you as a leader for advice, insight, and expertise.
Your role is key—it sparks success across the board!
This is a hybrid onsite/remote role and is based out of Westborough, Massachusetts. For the right person, we would be open to remote employees in neighboring States who would be open to more frequent travel. This position will report to the GM of Power Networks.
What You’ll Do:
Consulting Services: As the Manager of Power System Studies, you collaborate with diverse client organizations to ensure high-quality studies. As a technical lead and reviewer, you oversee complex projects and provide engineering consulting advice when other technical leads are not available. Your expertise extends to operations planning, including steady-state and dynamic studies. You contribute to revenue growth in PSC's North American region and ensure the seamless execution of studies through collaboration.
People Management: Strategic leadership guides Power Networks' dynamic success. Comprehensive performance reviews measure team success by achieving utilization targets. Continuous guidance helps team members grow, while proactive recruitment meets growing demands. Active-skills matrix contributions sustain industry prowess, and empathizing with employment queries creates a supportive environment. Finally, specialized industry training for Power Networks consultants helps us achieve individual and company goals.
Business Unit Management and Development: In the realm of business development, your role is pivotal for PSC and your team. You shape the team's trajectory by meticulously preparing budgets, contributing to weekly and monthly reports, and actively engaging in planning exercises. Aligned with the broader vision, your focus on revenue targets involves identifying opportunities and championing global pursuits. As a strategic thinker, you prepare service proposals, represent the company at events, and keenly observe market trends to shape offerings. Streamlining outreach, you maintain entries for opportunities, contributing to the cohesive growth of PSC.
We’d love you to have:
- 10+ years of experience preferably with a utility, system operator, or consultancy organization.
- Expert level user of software tools specifically (PSS/E, PowerFactory, PowerWorld, and/or PSCAD network simulation software), with proficiency in multiple packages preferred.
- Northeast ISO/RTO work experience is highly preferred.
- Previous documented experience in project management including budgeting and timelines.
- PeNG status desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – in particular, established habits of clear and unambiguous email and technical document writing, and an ability to present an argument/negotiation clearly and concisely.
- Excellent presentation skills to represent PSC in industry forums, working groups and conferences as well as client presentations.
- A bachelor’s in electrical engineering is required however a master’s degree and above is strongly preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and Canada.
- Ability to travel, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for business development and consultancy work.
- Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily required to sit or stand at a workstation while operating a computer, phone, and other office equipment. The employee is required to communicate speak, write, type, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our amazing people. We are passionate about contributing to a meaningful mission and are proud of our people. If you’ve been searching for a human-centric culture, then perhaps you’ve finally found your match with PSC. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then we would love to tell you more.
What we can offer:
PSC is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience within the job, the type of years and experience within the industry, education, training, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At PSC it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $129,692 to $194,536.
You may also be eligible to participate in our profit share program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and well-being benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, 10 scheduled paid holidays, and 10 days of sick leave. Additionally, regular full-time employees accrue up to 15 days of paid vacation. Benefits and perks listed on our careers page vary depending on the nature of employment with PSC and the country work location. Fore more on North American benefits see US Benefits and Canada Benefits.
PSC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PSC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.