Sales Development Specialist
The energy transition is vital to our future and here at PSC, we are compelled to make a difference. We are specialist consultants to the energy industry, an independent firm with global operations. Our teams have been tackling the thorniest problems for some of the most prominent industry players for over 25 years. We provide critical project consulting support for large energy clients, renewable developers, sustainable energy initiatives, and everything in between. Our vision is to empower people to transform the energy industry so that, together we will power a more sustainable world. We do the right thing, we foster bright ideas, we invest in the future and we celebrate success.
We are folks who:
- Thrive in a culture where people are our greatest asset and we truly celebrate and value the individual.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, love new ideas, and are always looking to improve.
- Understand that everyone has a personal life and provide a flexible work environment.
- Provide amazing growth and leadership opportunities in an autonomous role.
- Are a highly collaborative worldwide team of professionals defining the future of this industry.
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, and development.
A new and exciting challenge awaits you; are you prepared to take it on? We are looking for a Sales Development Specialist who will be responsible for supporting and driving sales growth in North America, as well as communication, lead generation and coordination activities. You will be responsible for managing sales processes, customer relationship management (CRM), and providing support for the Service Delivery teams. You will report to the Managing Director.
Location: This is a hybrid role and we'd love for you to be located out of the new office in Cary North Carolina but we're open to folks in the Kirkland, WA, or Burnaby, Canada offices too.
- Sales and CRM Management (HubSpot)
- Business Development support
- Account Management and Customer Mapping
- Manage the sales pipeline for key accounts and develop new client accounts
- Assist with pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Generate sales reports and track commercial key results
- Assist sales lead generation activities and maintain a client database
- Coordinate cross-functional teams
- Build and nurture relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders
You are someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience in Sales and market development roles in the utilities or energy industries
- Proven experience in direct sales
- Consulting and professional services experiences are highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expert-level knowledge of CRM tools (HubSpot is a big plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skill level and/or work experience
- Ability to travel, working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments
Join our team and drive sales activities and initiate market/business development activities with a positive and winning attitude, strong listening skills, and on-the-spot problem-solving.
We wouldn’t be where we are today without our amazing people. We are passionate about contributing to a meaningful mission and are proud of our people. If you’ve been searching for a human-centric culture, then perhaps you’ve finally found your match with PSC. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then we would love to tell you more.
PSC is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience within the job, the type of years and experience within the industry, education, training, licensure, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At PSC it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $110,147 to $165,221.
You may also be eligible to participate in our profit share program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and well-being benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, 10 scheduled paid holidays, and 10 days of sick leave. Additionally, regular full-time employees accrue up to 15 days of paid vacation. Benefits and perks listed on our careers page vary depending on the nature of employment with PSC and the country's work location. For more on North American benefits see US Benefits and Canada Benefits.
PSC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PSC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.